When the front of one car collides with the side of another car, the accident is referred to as a T-bone accident. A T-bone accident exposes everyone on the side of the car struck to potential injury and these types of accidents most frequently occur at intersections where one driver disregards a stoplight or stop sign and plows through the intersection, hitting another vehicle. The injuries can be catastrophic, ranging from traumatic brain injury to broken bones, and even spinal fractures or paralysis. The road to recovery from these accidents can be long and difficult, and you need an experienced personal injury attorney by your side to make sure you demand the compensation you deserve.
Along with partnering with a qualified attorney for a T-bone accident it is also a good idea to know what to do in the moments after a crash. Here are our tips on what to do after a T-bone accident:
- If you are able, move to the side of the road to stay out of harm’s way.
- Call for help so injured parties can get the treatment they need.
- Give a full report of what happened to the officer on the scene so an accurate police report can be made.
- Take photos of the accident scene, so you can see any skid marks and the direction each car was traveling, as well as whether any stoplights or stop signs are at the scene.
- Get the names and numbers of all witnesses and other parties.
Most importantly, consult with an accident attorney so any claim you file is on time. Your lawyer will be able to investigate the facts and determine who had the right of way. Identifying the driver who failed to yield right of way is the first step in establishing liability, which is key to your case. The responsible driver will be held accountable for your damages, including lost wages and medical expenses. Depending on the severity of your injuries you may also be entitled to the costs of long term care or rehabilitative service, loss of future earning capacity, and pain and suffering.
If you have been in a T-bone accident, call the attorneys at Yetnikoff Law Offices, PLLC right away for help. Call us at 800-279-6331 or visit us online for more information.