When you are involved in litigation of any type the key is to have credible and reliable evidence of your claims. The type of evidence you have depends on the type of case. In a car wreck case it is critical to take pictures of the damage to your car, copies of your emergency room intake and other hospital records, copies of the medical bills from each healthcare provider you have seen for your injuries, doctor’s notes and treatment plans, a personal diary about the experience, and notes from home health workers or physical therapists about your daily care or rehabilitative needs.
These documents will be used in your case, and five good reasons to keep your records in good order after a car wreck are:
- Having things in chronological order helps tell the story of the accident. Remember that the insurance adjuster, judge, or jury were not there so it is important to have documents in order to explain what happened.
- Keeping records of medical expenses helps you calculate your losses, so you can make a reasonable demand for reimbursement.
- Your doctor notes are useful to show what injuries you suffered and to explain how those injuries impact your life now.
- Documents from long term care or therapeutical services show how severe you were injured and how long it may take to fully recover, or if a full recovery is even possible.
- A personal journal is the best evidence of damages that cannot be measured by medical records or doctor notes. Your personal feelings and emotions become important if you are seeking damages for pain and suffering, and a diary can be used to support your claim for these damages.
In every personal injury case the injured party has to prove liability and show how they were damaged. The medical and personal records in the case also help to serve this purpose. We understand how intimidating it is to gather these records and make sense of what has happened, which is why we are here to help. We have the background and training you need to make sure your case is handled properly, and timely. Call us today to find out more.
Contact the attorneys at Yetnikoff Law Offices, PLLC. We can be reached at 800-279-6331 or you may visit us online for more information.